Sunday, June 12, 2016

Conference


Conference

In development sector, attending some or the other conference, preferably for oral presentation (yes, it is called Oral presentation!), if not then poster presentation, is a matter of pride. Getting a scholarship to go overseas, great! If your organization sends you, Oh... My... God!

I am recently added to this OMG herd. Where and how are immaterial, the real fun is what happens surrounding it.


I was discussing it with one of my colleagues, who asked me a question. "So do you feel indebted to the organization?"

I had to think about it. No, i think. Me being sent to a conference to represent my organization makes me feel closer to the organization, helps me build faith and trust about it. But it does not make me indebted to it. I am not saying it is their duty. No, it is not. It is like parenting. Raising a child is not their duty, they do it naturally, with passion. Sending someone to a conference must have a cause behind it, not motive. Going to a conference with organization's money should have responsibility, not debt. 

I am definitely obligated by the gesture the organization has shown, but I am not in debt. 

It is like, if I overwork, or create something out of the world for the organization, I can be sure the organization will never fire me?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

First day at school

First day at school Yes, first day at school. I do not remember my first day at school... frankly I do, but may be I don't want to...